Having hot water is an essential part of retaining comfort in your home. People depend on their water heater to provide warmth for showers, hand washing, laundering clothes, and more. If your water heating system fails, your family could be left in the cold.
The experts at HardLuck Plumbing specialize in a wide range of water heater services to keep your home's plumbing system functioning at its best.
Tommy was very knowledgeable, and communicative throughout the entire process. He showed up on time and got the job done quickly and efficiently.- Kailyn B.
We met with Tommy for a new septic system. He was very professional and communicative and explained everything we would need. Did it for a fair price and on the timeline he promised.- Leann B.
Tommy was very professional and was able to make it out for quote and installation right away. He gave us a great price and did an amazing job of replacing our water heater.- Vanessa C.
Unfortunately, a water heater doesn't last forever. Though a unit's lifespan can vary, they usually last between 6 and 12 years before needing replacement.
Signs that could mean your water heater's time is running out include:
- Little to no hot water coming from your faucets or showers
- A long delay before your water becomes hot
- Strange sounds like bubbling or high pitched noises coming from the tank
- Water pooling near or under the tank
- Dirty or rusty water coming from your plumbing system
If you suspect there could be a problem with your water heater, it's best to call a professional. We use nearly 15 years of experience to help identify the issue and deliver the right solution. Our team also proudly offers emergency service when our clients need it most. From repairs, and maintenance, to full replacement, we're the only call you need to make.
Why is Your water heater not producing hot water?
The lack of hot water from your water heater can be caused by various factors. Here are some common reasons:
- Heating Element Issues (Electric Water Heater): If you have an electric water heater, one or both heating elements may be faulty. Over time, heating elements can wear out or fail, resulting in a lack of hot water.
- Pilot Light or Thermocouple Issues (Gas Water Heater): For gas water heaters, a common issue is a malfunctioning pilot light or thermocouple. If the pilot light goes out or the thermocouple is faulty, the gas valve may shut off, preventing the burner from heating the water.
- Thermostat Problems: The thermostat controls the temperature of the water. If it is set too low or is malfunctioning, the water may not reach the desired temperature. Check the thermostat settings and ensure they are at the appropriate level.
- Tripped Circuit Breaker (Electric Water Heater): If you have an electric water heater, a tripped circuit breaker could be the culprit. Check your electrical panel for a tripped breaker and reset it if necessary.
- Sediment Buildup: Over time, sediment can accumulate at the bottom of the tank, insulating the heating element from the water and reducing its efficiency. Flushing the tank can help remove sediment and improve heating performance.
- Broken Dip Tube: The dip tube is responsible for directing cold water to the bottom of the tank. If it breaks, cold water may mix with hot water near the top, resulting in lukewarm water coming out of the tap.
- Tank Size and Demand: If your water heater is too small for the household's hot water demand, it may struggle to provide enough hot water. Consider upgrading to a larger tank or a tankless water heater if this is the case.
- Gas Supply Issues (Gas Water Heater): Ensure that there is a sufficient supply of gas to the water heater. Problems with the gas supply can lead to a lack of hot water.
If you are not comfortable troubleshooting or if the issue persists after basic checks, it's advisable to consult a professional plumber or technician. They can diagnose the problem accurately and perform any necessary repairs or replacements. Additionally, always follow safety precautions when dealing with water heaters, especially those powered by gas.
"We reached out to this company and spoke with Tommy Catlin. He was very professional and was able to make it out for quote and installation right away. He gave us a great price and did an amazing job of replacing our water heater. We were very happy that he was able to make it out so quickly so we didn't need to go without hot water. Thank you so much for your amazing service!"
Discounts Available for Military, First Responders, & Teachers
Contact us and mention this coupon to learn more about how you can save with HardLuck Plumbing.Offer Details
15+ Years of Experience
Skilled in Diagnosing Complex Issues
Provide Options for Any Budget
Family Owned & Operated
Highest Quality Craftsmanship
The 6-12 year lifespan estimate worries a lot of homeowners, and that's for good reason. Having to fully replace a water heater can sometimes cost a lot of money. To make the most out of your water heater, routine maintenance is the most important step. Best case scenario would be that homeowners get water heater maintenance once per year. If extending the life of your water heater is the goal, this is the way to accomplish it.
When maintenance is scheduled with a licensed and insured plumber at HardLuck Plumbing, we're sure to be as comprehensive as possible. After inspecting the unit, we will perform any necessary repairs, and flush the tank to ensure there is no sediment build up. Sediment build up will initially slow down the function of your water heater, but eventually could also lead to holes bursting in the tank itself.
Save money on both utility bills and the possibility of having to replace your water heater by scheduling maintenance with our team today!
Extend the Life of Your Water Heater with HardLuck Plumbing
As a trusted plumbing company in Southern California, we're proud to service a wide range of areas including Hesperia, Apple Valley, Victorville, Adelanto, Barstow, Lucerne Valley, and Phelan. When residents in these cities need help with their water heaters, we're sure to provide the best service the industry has to offer. From minor repairs to full replacement, we will be sure to provide the best, most cost effective, option for your specific situation.